StarFire Receiver 20-2 Mandatory Update
In early August 2020, the StarFire™ 20-2 software update will be available. This software update, will be a “Mandatory Update” for both StarFire 6000 and StarFire 3000 receivers and includes software fixes plus a few new features. Changes coming with the 20-2 software update also prepare the StarFire network to support new satellite constellations and the next generation StarFire receiver.
Critical Update Timeline
- August 2020 – Required 20-2 Software update for StarFire 3000 and 6000 receivers becomes available
- October 15th, 2020 – Updates should be completed on StarFire 3000 and 6000 units
- December 2020 – RTK Base stations will be updated to the 20-2 Software
- February 1, 2021 – Deadline to complete 20-2 software update, receivers not updated to 20-2 by this time will not receive the StarFire signal and as such will only operate in WASS until updated to 20-2.
Additional Reminder on StarFire iTC Receivers
StarFire iTC receivers will no longer function beginning February 1st, 2021 and will no long receive the StarFire signal. StarFire iTC receivers will continue to operate in WAAS until approximately 2026 or when the US GPS satellite constellation P(Y) code is retired and may continue to be used for yield mapping. Guidance applications including AutoTrac™ will not be available.
StarFire 6000 New Features
StarFire software update 20-2 for StarFire 6000 receivers will also include the following new features:
- Continuous Data Logging
- New RTK Extend (RTK-X) and John Deere Mobile RTK (M-RTK) status added
- Shared Signal and Machine Sync Compatibility
Updating & Assistance
Additional information regarding the update and instructions for updating receivers will be available in August when the 20-2 Software update becomes available. Contact our ISG team with questions, concerns, or assistance in updating your receivers directly.
Arthur Etheridge – firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Zahn – email@example.com
Jacob Wilkerson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Sharp – email@example.com
James Jopling – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Call the El Campo location at 979-543-8363