With school events, harvest just wrapping up, and football filling your weekends, life can just get busy. So who has time to truly notice that it is the middle of fall and you have not decorated your home? Or maybe you have noticed, but just don’t have a lot of time to dig out the fall decorations and completely redo your home décor. Whatever the case maybe, decorating for fall does not have to be hard or time consuming. We have 5 simple, easy tricks to give your home a fall vibe.
- Pumpkins – Though pumpkins may seem like an obvious decorating piece, most people use them as outside decor. Yet, pumpkins can be used anywhere throughout the house such as the dining room, living room or your entry way. Place small pumpkins in bowl for a center piece, or scatter different sizes or colors across your mantle to give it a pop of colors. Don’t want to have bright orange pumpkins around your house. Get some white pumpkins! Leave them white or paint them with patterns to give your mantle or entry way a fall look.
- Candles – Candles offer a warm, inviting feel as well as making your home smell wonderful. Tip: If you can’t find a good cinnamon scented candle? Place a non-scented candle in a jar and stuff cinnamon sticks all around it. As the jar heats up and the wax melts it allows the cinnamon sticks to release a scent that will fill your entire home!
- Use your harvest – What is more fall like than a yearly harvest! Use cotton, milo and corn stalks to give your home a rustic feel by creating floral arrangements or use loose corn, milo and rice and place them in jars for some fall colors. Does your family like to hunt? Why not put those random antlers found around your property up to a decorative use! Place them with pumpkins and table runner to create unique center piece.
- Pillows and blankets– Just like candles, pillows and blankets can make living rooms feel warm, cozy and inviting. Make you living room feel like a cozy cabin. Switch out the couch pillows with fall colored ones and add a knitted throw to the arm of a chair. This will ensure your family and any potential guest will feel right at home.
- Use the Green – Needing to decorate the outside of your home too? Incorporate what you have by using your husband or kid’s John Deere Tractors. Place pumpkins, mums and maybe even a friendly scarecrow to give your front lawn a fall vibe.
Whether you use the inexpensive pumpkins and mums or just decorate with warm and cozy pillows, decorating for fall can be simple. Just light some cinnamon scented candles and your home will feel like fall. Have some other simple and easy fall decorating tips? Let us know in the comments below!